[slurm-users] Fairshare: Penalising unused memory rather than used memory?

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Wed Oct 11 06:26:38 UTC 2023

Hi,

We have an increasing number of users who are unable (or unwilling) to
estimate their memory requirements accurately.  We include memory in our
calculation of fairshare usage and thus penalise everyone who requests
large amounts of memory, whether it is needed or not.

Therefore I would be interested in knowing whether one can take into
account the *requested but unused memory* when calculating usage.  Is
this possible?

Cheers,

Loris

--