[slurm-users] Fairshare: Penalising unused memory rather than used memory?

Williams, Gareth (IM&T, Black Mountain) Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Wed Oct 11 07:54:16 UTC 2023

Hi Loris, You could add them to a naughty list (please use a better term...) and apply a fixed commensurate priority penalty.  That is simple (and can apply to a range of unpreferred behaviour) and provides a clear motivation to change. Could be done with QOS unless you already use that in a conflicting way.

Gareth