[slurm-users] A strange situation of different network cards on the same network

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Wed Oct 11 02:45:27 UTC 2023

We have, and have had it come and go with no clear explanation. I’d watch out for MTU and netmask troubles, sysctl limits that might be relevant (apparently the default settings for time spent doing ethernet are really appropriate for <1 Gb, not so much faster), hot spots on the network, etc.

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
||_// the State  |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB A555B, Newark
     `'