[slurm-users] Several slurmdbds against one mysql server?

Angel de Vicente angel.de.vicente at iac.es
Sun Apr 30 21:38:36 UTC 2023

Hello,

Brian Andrus <toomuchit at gmail.com> writes:

> Ole is spot on with his federated suggestion. That is exactly what fits the bill
> for you, given your requirements. You can have everything you want, but you
> don't get to have it how you want (separate databases).
> When/If you looked deeper into it, you will find that it addresses the
> requirements.

I might be missing something but I don't see how a Slurm federated
cluster does what I need. From
https://slurm.schedmd.com/federation.html:

,----
| Jobs submitted to a federation receive a unique job ID that is unique
| among all clusters in the federation. A job is submitted to the local
| cluster (the cluster defined in the slurm.conf) and is then replicated
| across the clusters in the federation. Each cluster then independently
| attempts to the schedule the job based off of its own scheduling
| policies. The clusters coordinate with the "origin" cluster (cluster the
| job was submitted to) to schedule the job.
`----

+ I don't want unique job IDs among all clusters
+ When I submit a job to a local cluster, I don't want each cluster to
  try and schedule the jobs, I just want the local cluster to schedule it.
+ I want to keep the clusters wholly independent, EXCEPT for keeping all
  the data regarding job statistics in a single database.

Cheers,
--
Ángel de Vicente
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)

 GPG: 0x8BDC390B69033F52