[slurm-users] Several slurmdbds against one mysql server?

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 15:45:59 UTC 2023

Ole is spot on with his federated suggestion. That is exactly what fits
the bill for you, given your requirements. You can have everything you
want, but you don't get to have it how you want (separate databases).
When/If you looked deeper into it, you will find that it addresses the
requirements.

This looks more like an instance where "I have a solution, please agree
with me and help me make it work." Something, I am confident many of the
folks here run into.

Look at your requirements rather than your solution.

On a technical note: slurm keeps the detailed accounting data for each
cluster in separate TABLES within a single database.
If you want to have separate databases, it will be on you to do all the
aggregation work from separate queries. I am doing just that because I
have separate databases for each of my clusters. This is because each
cluster is in a different part of the world and trying to federate them
in a performant manner was prohibitively expensive.

Brian Andrus