[slurm-users] Several slurmdbds against one mysql server?

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 22:06:01 UTC 2023

Not wanting something is not the same as not needing it or it matters.
Personally, I don't care what color it is, if someone gave me a new
Ferrari, I would not worry about the color. Do you need to have the same
job ids among clusters? Seems that should not matter at all.

The clusters ARE wholly independent. When you submit a job, UNLESS you
tell it to run on a different cluster, it will go to the default one for
that node (ie the one configured in the local slurm.conf). It gives you
the ability to submit to another cluster, but by no means do you have to
do that.

You should consider your needs. You are claiming you need both an
irresistible force and an immovable object. You want your reports to be
able to be consolidated and/or separate. Federated does that. Having
other benefits that you won't use should be superfluous and not have any
bearing.

You can do it however you like. You asked if there was a good or
existing way to do it easily, that was provided. Up to you if you want
to write your own scripts that do the work and manage that, or just have
to learn the ins and outs of running sreport.

Good luck.