[slurm-users] Phantom jobs in sreport

William Dear william.dear at i3-corps.com
Tue May 10 14:04:49 UTC 2022

I have several phantom jobs in "sreport user" that always show up even during periods when no jobs were running.  I don’t know the job IDs and would appreciate suggestions for identifying the jobs and fixing the database.  My cluster accounting is uses slurmdbd with mariadb.

sreport user TopUser –parsable2 Start=2022-01-01T00:00:00 End=2022-01-01T01:00:00

This command should return zero users since no one was running a job from midnight to 1am on new years day.  Unfortunately, it returns 3 users with usage minutes equal to the number of CPU’s reserved for each job times 60.  This is annoying since my weekly top user report continues to show users who haven’t worked here in nearly a year.  I would prefer to fix the database rather than scrap the database and start over.

Thanks,

William

Confidentiality Notice - The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments to it may be legally privileged and include confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of that fact by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments to it.