[slurm-users] How to run a job at the end of a set of jobs

West, Matthew M.T.West at exeter.ac.uk
Tue May 10 00:27:42 UTC 2022

Hi David,

I would recommend using one of the many workflow management systems (WMS) that can define job dependencies programmatically rather than fuss with base Slurm commands. Some examples I have used or have been recommended to me:

- https://pegasus.isi.edu/
- https://cylc.github.io/
- http://parsl-project.org/
- https://airflow.apache.org/

Each of these runs in production on a number of major projects and has active support from developers. Making a pipeline DAG makes managing jobs and rerunning tests so much nicer. No reason to write from scratch what already exists.

Cheers,
Matt West