[slurm-users] Epilog script does not execute

Sarlo, Jeffrey S JSarlo at Central.UH.EDU
Mon Jul 18 10:47:29 UTC 2022

It could be because the epilog script doesn't have a PATH set by default for security, so maybe it isn't finding the commands echo or chmod

https://slurm.schedmd.com/prolog_epilog.html

Do you have /var/slurm/etc/epilog-test on your nodes?

Jeff
________________________________
From: slurm-users <slurm-users-bounces at lists.schedmd.com> on behalf of Purvesh Parmar <purveshp0507 at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2022 5:29 AM
To: Slurm User Community List <slurm-users at lists.schedmd.com>
Subject: Re: [slurm-users] Epilog script does not execute

Hi,

I have written a shell script with the name epilog-test. I have mentioned in the slurm.conf file :
Epilog=/var/slurm/etc/epilog-test
The same slurm.conf file has been copied on all the nodes.

My epilog-test is

#! /bin/bash
echo "epilog test" > /tmp/testfile

Chmod +x epilog-test

I have restarted slurmctld on master and slurmd on the nodes. Then I have tested jobs, but nothing executes after the job is over.

Please help

Regards,
Purvesh