[slurm-users] Changing DefaultAccount for user

Sean McGrath smcgrat at tchpc.tcd.ie
Tue Nov 23 13:20:52 UTC 2021

Hi Loris,

Not sure if this helps you, sorry if not. I can't answer the specifics
of your query about how sacctmgr works.

Here are the relevant bits from our account setup workflow to add a
users account to an account, the first line, then set their default
account to it.

sbank project useradd -c $cluster -a $project_code -u $user
sacctmgr -i update users cluster=$cluster set defaultaccount=$project_code where user=$user,cluster=$cluster

I've used the `sacctmgr -i update ...` step to change the default
account for users subsequently after accounts have been created.

Hope that helps, sorry if not.

Sean

--
Sean McGrath M.Sc

Systems Administrator
Trinity Centre for High Performance and Research Computing
Trinity College Dublin

sean.mcgrath at tchpc.tcd.ie

https://www.tcd.ie/
https://www.tchpc.tcd.ie/