[slurm-users] Changing DefaultAccount for user

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Nov 23 13:17:53 UTC 2021

Hi Loris,

First you add the user to one or more other Slurm accounts, something like
this:

$ sacctmgr add user xxx account=yyy

Then you can redefine the user's default account:

$ sacctmgr modify user where name=xxx set defaultaccount=yyy

Here is an example from our cluster where the user is in two accounts:

$ sacctmgr -rp show user WithAssoc xxx
User|Def
Acct|Admin|Cluster|Account|Partition|Share|Priority|MaxJobs|MaxNodes|MaxCPUs|MaxSubmit|MaxWall|MaxCPUMins|QOS|Def

xxx|camdvip|None|niflheim|camdcmr||5|||||1000|||high,normal|normal|
xxx|camdvip|None|niflheim|camdvip||5||500|||1000|||high,normal|normal|

I hope this helps.

/Ole