[slurm-users] [External] Autoset job TimeLimit to fit in a reservation

Florian Zillner fzillner at lenovo.com
Mon Mar 29 20:09:27 UTC 2021

Hi,

well, I think you're putting the cart before the horse, but anyway, you could write a script that extracts the next reservation and does some simple math to display the time in hours or else to the user. It's the users job to set the time their job needs to finish. Auto-squeezing a job that takes 2 days to complete into a remaining 2 hour window until the reservation starts doesn't make any sense to me.

# NEXTRES=$(scontrol show res | head -n1 | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f2 -d= | xargs -I {} date +%s --date "{}" )
# NOW=$(date +%s)
# echo "$(((NEXTRES - NOW) / 3600)) hours left until reservation begins"
178 hours left until reservation begins

Cheers,
Florian