[slurm-users] Autoset job TimeLimit to fit in a reservation

Jeremy Fix Jeremy.Fix at centralesupelec.fr
Mon Mar 29 08:48:51 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any built-in option to autoset a job TimeLimit
to fit within a defined reservation.

For now, it seems to me that the timelimit must be explicitely provided,
in a agreement with the deadline of the reservation, by a user when
invoking the srun or sbatch command while I would find it comfortable to
let slurm calculate the remaining time of the reservation on which
srun/sbatch is executed and fill in the TimeLimit accordingly;

Best;

Jeremy.