[slurm-users] Slurm not enforcing gres requests at submission

Jason Macklin Jason.Macklin at jax.org
Wed Oct 21 18:07:46 UTC 2020

Good day everyone!

We have a GPU-only cluster with Slurm 19.05.5 installed.  My expectation with respect to the current configuration is that users submitting jobs must include at least one of the following header options:

--gres

--gpus

--gpus-per-node

--gpus-per-socket

--gpus-per-task

The current config includes:

SelectType = select/cons_tres

According to the admin guide, this should keep jobs without one of the above options from starting.

Am I misinterpreting how this should work?  If so, can someone help me understand the issue?

Best regards,
Jason
---