[slurm-users] Slurm not enforcing gres requests at submission

Stephan Schott schottve at hhu.de
Fri Oct 23 23:00:36 UTC 2020

Well, I might be wrong, but afaik, the SelectType is just telling your
cluster which resources are going to be consumables (in this case,
trackable resources, which is not only gpus). If you want to specify which
conditions have to be met when using the cluster or a determined partition,
then you have to take a look into quality of service (QOS) rules. There you
can set that from the TRES, always at least a gpu has to be assigned, for
example.

--
Stephan Schott Verdugo
Biochemist