[slurm-users] NoDecay on accounts (or on GrpTRESMins in general)

Yair Yarom irush at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Nov 23 12:21:09 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 12:11 AM Sebastian T Smith <stsmith at unr.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're setting GrpTRESMins on the account association and have NoDecay
> QOS's for different user classes.  All user associations with a
> GrpTRESMins-limited account are assigned a NoDecay QOS.  I'm not sure if
> it's a better approach... but it's an option.

If I follow correctly, your GrpTRESMins usage on the accounts will still
get decayed. From tests I ran here when running with a NoDecay QOS, the
GrpTRESMins of the account still gets decayed, while the GrpTRESMins of the
QOS doesn't.
So do you also have a GrpTRESMins on the QOS itself? And if so, why do you
need both on the QOS and on the account? or am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Yair.