[slurm-users] NoDecay on accounts (or on GrpTRESMins in general)

Sebastian T Smith stsmith at unr.edu
Tue Nov 24 17:33:06 UTC 2020

*Ack* you're correct.  This was a recent, hastily added feature to control budgets on our system.  I need to re-evaluate our approach.  As you mentioned, the QOS GrpTRESMins limits appear to be the only NoDecay option.  Managing them will be challenging on our system because they'll be numerous...

The behavior of the NoDecay QOS option is clearly described in docs.  I'm not sure why I interpreted it so incorrectly!

Decay has served us well, and I'd like to keep it around.  Please let me know if you discover an efficient configuration that works for you.

Thanks,

Sebastian

--

[University of Nevada, Reno]<http://www.unr.edu/>
Sebastian Smith

work-phone: 775-682-5050<tel:7756825050>
email: stsmith at unr.edu<mailto:stsmith at unr.edu>