[slurm-users] Slurm Perl API use and examples

Burian, John John.Burian at nationwidechildrens.org
Mon Mar 23 19:47:14 UTC 2020

I have some questions about the Slurm Perl API
- Is it still actively supported? I see it's still in the source in Git.
- Does anyone use it? If so, do you have a pointer to some example code?

My immediate question is, for methods that take a data structure as an input argument, how does one define that data structure? In Perl, it's just a hash, am I supposed to populate the keys of the hash by reading the matching C structure in slurm.h? Or do I only need to populate the keys that I care to provide a value for, and Slurm assigns defaults to the other keys/fields? Thanks,

--
John Burian
Senior Systems Programmer, Technical Lead