[slurm-users] 19.05 not recognizing DefMemPerCPU?

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Mon Mar 23 18:36:09 UTC 2020

Last week I upgraded from Slurm 18.08 to Slurm 19.05. Since that time,
several users have reported to me that they can't submit jobs without
specifying a memory requirement. In a way, this is intended - my
job_submit.lua script checks to make sure that --mem or --mem-per-node
is specified, and will reject a job of neither of those are specified.

But here's the thing - that check should never be needed, because I have
set  default value of 2 GB/CPU in my slurm.conf file, and that worked
fine up until the upgrade last week. Did 19.05 change the way defaults
are set, or is this a bug?

 From my slurm.conf file:

DefMemPerCPU=2000

Any ideas why this behavior changed with the upgrade?

Prentice