[slurm-users] Slurm and shared file systems

Steven Dick kg4ydw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:34:31 UTC 2020

Condor's original premise was to have long running compute jobs on
distributed nodes with no shared filesystem.
Of course, they played all kinds of dirty tricks to make this work
including intercepted libc and system calls.

I see no reason cleverly wrapped slurm jobs coudln't do the same,
either prestaging files that normally would be on a shared fs or
wrapping calls or maybe even using parts of condor.   But slurm wasn't
designed to do this, so you'd have to add your own mechanisms for it.