[slurm-users] Slurm and shared file systems

Riebs, Andy andy.riebs at hpe.com
Fri Jun 19 12:17:56 UTC 2020

David,

I've been using Slurm for nearly 20 years, and while I can imagine some clever work-arounds, like staging your job in /var/tmp on all of the nodes before trying to run it, it's hard to imagine a cluster serving a useful purpose without a shared user file system, whether or not Slurm is involved.

Having said that, I hope that someone comes up with a real use case to help me see something that I don't currently see!

Andy