[slurm-users] Slurm and shared file systems

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 14:20:58 UTC 2020

It sounds like you are asking if there should be a shared /home, which
you do not need. You do need to ensure a user can access the environment
for the node (a home directory, ssh keys, etc).

If you are asking about the job binary and the data it will be
processing, again, you do not. You could, for example, install the
binary on all the nodes.

If your job fetches its own data to work on (say a script that will
download/prep .grib files and then run wrf) then there is no need for a
shared filesystem.

You will, of course, need to stage the results out somewhere as well to
access them outside the cluster.

Brian Andrus