[slurm-users] Slurm version 20.02.0 is now available

Dean Schulze dean.w.schulze at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 05:48:11 UTC 2020

There was a major refactoring between the 19.05 and 20.02 code.  Most of
the callbacks for select plugins were moved to cons_common.  I have a
plugin for 19.05 that depends on two of those callbacks:
select_p_job_begin() and select_p_job_fini().  My plugin is a copy of the
select/cons_res plugin, but when I implement those functions in my plugin I
get this error because those functions already exist in cons_common:

/home/dean/src/slurm.versions/slurm-20.02/slurm-20.02.0/src/plugins/select/cons_common/cons_common.c:1134:
multiple definition of `select_p_job_begin';
.libs/select_liqid_cons_res.o:/home/dean/src/slurm.versions/slurm-20.02/slurm-20.02.0/src/plugins/select/liqid_cons_res/select_liqid_cons_res.c:559:
first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: ../cons_common/.libs/libcons_common.a(cons_common.o): in
function `select_p_job_fini':
/home/dean/src/slurm.versions/slurm-20.02/slurm-20.02.0/src/plugins/select/cons_common/cons_common.c:1561:
multiple definition of `select_p_job_fini';
.libs/select_liqid_cons_res.o:/home/dean/src/slurm.versions/slurm-20.02/slurm-20.02.0/src/plugins/select/liqid_cons_res/select_liqid_cons_res.c:607:
first defined here

Since only one select plugin can be used at a time (determined in
slurm.conf) I could put my code in the cons_common implementation of those
functions, but if I ever switch plugins then my plugin code will get
executed when it shouldn't be.

How can I "override" those callbacks in my own plugin?  This isn't Java
(but it sure looks like the slurm code tries to do Java in C).