[slurm-users] one job at a time - how to set?

Baer, Troy troy at osc.edu
Wed Apr 29 21:04:16 UTC 2020

I don’t think there’s a way to do that in Slurm using just the node declaration, other than the previously mentioned way of configuring it to show up as having only 1 core.  However, you could put the node in a partition that has OverSubscribe=EXCLUSIVE set, and have that partition be the only way to get to it:

# in slurm.conf
NodeName=singlejobnode […settings…]
PartitionName=onejobatatime  Nodes=singlejobnode OverSubscribe=EXCLUSIVE
# singlenodejob isn’t in any other partitions.

                --Troy