[slurm-users] QoS settings in sacctmgr requires restarting slurmctld to take effect

Jianwen Wei wei.jianwen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 02:15:25 UTC 2019

Hi,

	I am using SLURM 17.11 on CentOS 7. I find that QoS settings, say GrpNodes for an account, in sacctmgr requires restarting slurmcltd to take effect. Restarting slurmctld may hang slurm service for 15secs~60secs, which is annoying if QoS settings are configured several times a day dynamically.

	Is there an alternative approach to make QoS take effect without restarting slurmctld?

Thank you!

Jianwen