[slurm-users] Simple question but I can't find the answer

Marcus Wagner wagner at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 11 07:22:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

there is some more information from the same manpage about nodestates:

NODE STATE CODES
        Node state codes are shortened as required for the field size.
These node states may be followed by a special character to identify
state flags associated with the node.  The following node sufficies and
states are used:

        *   The  node  is  presently  not  responding and will not be
allocated any new work.  If the node remains non-responsive, it will be
placed in the DOWN state (except in the case of COMPLETING, DRAINED,
DRAINING, FAIL, FAILING
            nodes).

        ~   The node is presently in a power saving mode (typically
running at reduced frequency).

        #   The node is presently being powered up or configured.

        $   The node is currently in a reservation with a flag value of
"maintenance".

        @   The node is pending reboot.

Best
Marcus