[slurm-users] QoS settings in sacctmgr requires restarting slurmctld to take effect

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri Jan 11 04:33:46 UTC 2019

On 10/1/19 6:15 pm, Jianwen Wei wrote:

> I am using SLURM 17.11 on CentOS 7. I find that QoS settings, say
> GrpNodes for an account, in sacctmgr requires restarting slurmcltd to
> take effect.

This sounds like a configuration issue, and usually it's because
slurmdbd cannot connect back to the control daemon on the IP address and
port it has registered with it.

If you do "sacctmgr list clusters" and then from the system running
slurmdbd try and connect with nc or telnet to the listed ControlHost on
the listed ControlPort you may find it doesn't work.

Sometimes this is firewall related and sometimes this is because
slurmctld tells slurmdbd about an IP address that isn't reachable rather
than one that is.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Chris