[slurm-users] Fwd: Using srun ends ssh sessions

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun Jan 6 19:52:58 MST 2019

On 5/1/19 12:17 am, Tom Smith wrote:

> Novice question: When I use srun, it closes my SSH sessions to compute
> nodes.
>
> Is this intended behaviour by design?  If so, I may need need to know
> more about how slurm is intended to be used.  If unexpected, how do I
> start troubleshooting?

Sounds like you (or your system administrator) has configured an
epilogue to kill off processes belonging to a user when their job finishes.

Using something like pam_slurm_adopt is probably a better way to go
there as that only permits access to a login node when you have a job
there, constrains the session to the cgroup for the job and then will
clean up that session when the job ends.

All the best,
Chris