[slurm-users] Fwd: Using srun ends ssh sessions

Tom Smith ts6986821 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 01:17:28 MST 2019

Novice question: When I use srun, it closes my SSH sessions to compute
nodes.

Is this intended behaviour by design?  If so, I may need need to know more
about how slurm is intended to be used.  If unexpected, how do I start
troubleshooting?

For example, I have a session login into SST-MASTER called "S1", and second
session login into SST-N1 called "S2".

when I run a srun command on S1, the S2 will be closed disconnected

command on S1 session
[SST at SST-master ~]$ srun hostname
SST-N1

output on S2 session