[slurm-users] slurmd.service fails to register

Dean Schulze dean.w.schulze at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 20:58:51 UTC 2019

I have my controller running (slurmctld and slrumdbd) and my controller and
node host can ping each other by name so they resolve via /etc/hosts
settings.  When I try to start the slurmd.service it shows that it is
active (running), but gives these errors:

Unable to register: Zero Bytes were transmitted or received

The controller shows this from slurmctld.service:

    Munge decode failed: Invalid credential

I copied the munge.key from controller to node (copying via an NFS shared
directory required changing ownership and permissions and then changing
them back).

Apparently the node is communicating with the controller, but munge thinks
I have a bad credential.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this?