[slurm-users] Documentation for creating a login node for a SLURM cluster

Michael Gutteridge michael.gutteridge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:31:25 MDT 2018

I'm unaware of specific docs, but I tend to think of these simply as daemon
nodes that aren't listed in slurm.conf.  We use Ubuntu and the packages we
install are munge, slurm-wlm, and slurm-client (which drags in libslurmXX
and slurm-wlm-basic-plugins).

Then the setup is very similar to slurmd nodes- you need matching UIDs and
the same munge key.  Access to the same file systems at the same locations
as on daemon nodes is also advisable.

Hope this helps.

Michael