[slurm-users] Documentation for creating a login node for a SLURM cluster

Christopher Benjamin Coffey Chris.Coffey at nau.edu
Fri Oct 12 11:01:50 MDT 2018

In addition, fwiw, this login node will have a second network connection of course for campus with firewall setup to only allow ssh (and other essential) from campus. Also you may consider having some script developed to prevent folks from abusing the login node instead of using slurm for their computations. We have a policy that allows for user processes to only consume 30 min of cpu time before they are killed. We have an exception list of course.  Also, our login node has lots of devel packages to allow folks to compile software, etc. You may want to have a motd on the login node to announce changes, or offer tips. Also, the login node doesn't need to have the slurm service running, but needs the slurm s/w, current slurm.conf, and munge keys.

Just some things off the top of my head.

Best,
Chris

—
Christopher Coffey