[slurm-users] Documentation for creating a login node for a SLURM cluster

Aravindh Sampathkumar aravindh at fastmail.com
Fri Oct 12 04:36:30 MDT 2018

Hello.

I built a simple 2 node SLURM cluster for the first time, and I'm able
to run jobs on the lone compute node from the node that runs Slurmctl.However, I'd like to setup a "login node" which only allows users to
submit jobs to the SLURM cluster and not act as SLURM controller or as a
compute node. I'm struggling to find documentation about what needs to
be installed and configured on this login node to be able to submit jobs
to the cluster.
console(login node)  ---->  slurm controller(runs slurmctld and
slurmdbd) ----> compute node (runs slurmd)
Can anybody point me to any relevant docs to configure the login node?

Thanks,

--
  Aravindh Sampathkumar
  aravindh at fastmail.com