[slurm-users] [EXTERNAL] Help with developing a lua job submit script

Amspaugh, Glenn Gregory ggamspa at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 9 10:36:17 MDT 2018

My group uses  "-p short,batch"  in our submit scripts. Jobs will try to run in the short partition (4 hours or less, no more than 24 nodes per job) but if there's a wait and enough nodes open up in regular batch partition (4 days / 844 nodes max), the job will run over there. Really helps back fill keep idle nodes to a minimum on our main partition and short jobs get processed faster than waiting for the limited number of nodes in just the short partition.

Glenn