[slurm-users] Help with developing a lua job submit script

Baker D.J. D.J.Baker at soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 09:54:56 MDT 2018

Hello,

We are starting to think about developing a lua job submission script. For example, we are keen to route jobs requiring no more than 1 compute node (single core jobs and small parallel jobs) to a slurm shared partition. The idea being that "small" jobs can share a small set of compute nodes to try to prevent resource fragmentation in the cluster. Other "larger" jobs are routed to the default partition.

As a start I have dug out the example lua script provided by slurm, however I wondered if there was any experience in doing this sort of routing using a lua script. We would appreciate any advice from the slurm community, please.

Best regards,

David