[slurm-users] About x11 support

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 22 03:24:50 MST 2018

I really don't want to start a flaming discussion on this - but I don't
think it's an unusual situation. I have, in likewise roughtly 15 years
of doing this, not ever worked anywhere where people didn't have a GUI
to submit from. It's always been a case of 'Wand to use the cluster?
We'll make your workstation a submit host.'

I think it's a pretty standard way of handling things it you are an
institute that runs their own (maybe small) cluster, especially if the
workstations are also managed machine.

Tina