[slurm-users] "Low socket*core*thre" - solution?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu May 10 01:22:56 MDT 2018

On Thursday, 10 May 2018 12:27:29 AM AEST Mahmood Naderan wrote:

> To be honest, I see many commands in the manual that look similar for
> a not professional user. For example, restarting slurmd, slurmctl and
> now scontrol reconfigure and they look confusing. Do you agree with
> that?

The commands for starting/stopping daemons are OS and distro specific, scontrol
is the Slurm command for interacting with the control daemon slurmctld.

I suspect the hard part is that there are some things that can only be set by
restarting daemons as they require too deep rewiring of data structures inside
Slurm (adding nodes is one of these things).

So for those "scontrol reconfigure" is not enough.  However, for the vast
majority of cases it's the better way to do things.

All the best,
Chris