[slurm-users] "Low socket*core*thre" - solution?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun May 6 06:42:12 MDT 2018

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 10:03:59 PM AEST Mahmood Naderan wrote:

> The chassis of the frontend is the same as compute nodes.

But slightly different CPUs.

> A mother board with two opterons and each have 16 cores. However, the head
> node is not included correctly, while the computes are added without
> problem.

In that case it points to a problem where you are specifying less numbers of
cores than the system has.   I would suggest trying without the CPUs=20 and
see if that is happy then.

Just remember to always clear the drained state between attempts with:

scontrol update node=rocks7 state=resume

cheers,
Chris