[slurm-users] restrict application to a given partition

Juan A. Cordero Varelaq bioinformatica-ibis at us.es
Tue Jan 16 03:08:08 MST 2018

I ended up with a more simple solution: I tweaked the program executable
(a bash script), so that it inspects which partition it is running on,
and if its the wrong one, it exits. Just added the following lines:

         if [ $SLURM_JOB_PARTITION == 'big' ]; then
                 exit_code=126
                 /bin/echo "PROGRAM failed with exit code $exit_code.
PROGRAM was executed on a wrong SLURM Partition."
                 exit $exit_code
         fi