[slurm-users] restrict application to a given partition

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 15 06:31:22 MST 2018

Juan, me kne-jerk reaction is to say 'containerisation' here.
However I guess that means that Slurm would have to be able to inspect the
contents of a container, and I do not think that is possible.
I may be very wrong here. Anyone?

However have a look at thre Xalt stuff from TACC
https://www.tacc.utexas.edu/research-development/tacc-projects/xalt
https://github.com/Fahey-McLay/xalt

Xalt is intended to instrument your cluster and collect information on what
software is being run and exactly what libraries are being used.
I do not think it has any options for "Nope! You may not run this
executable on this partition"
However it might be worth contacting the authors and discussing this.