[slurm-users] Partition 'alias'?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Tue Apr 24 01:40:22 MDT 2018

Il 20/04/2018 15:56, Renfro, Michael ha scritto:

> Not sure how to answer if they “essentially act as a single partition”, though. Resources allocated to a job in a given partition are unavailable to other jobs, regardless of what partition they’re in.
I'd say they do *not* act as a single partition... Unless I missed some
key detail, once a node is assigned a job in a partition, it's
unavailable *as a whole* to other partitions.
So if you start a job that only requires one core on a 32-core node, the
remaining cores can only be used by other jobs in the same partition.
Obv, if you only consider whole node allocations there's no difference.

--
Diego Zuccato
Servizi Informatici
mail: diego.zuccato at unibo.it