[slurm-users] Partition 'alias'?

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Fri Apr 20 07:56:16 MDT 2018

Ours is set up to influence priority and set limits on resources and time accordingly.

PartitionName=batch Default=YES MinNodes=1 MaxNodes=36 DefaultTime=1-00:00:00 MaxTime=30-00:00:00 … PriorityJobFactor=1 PriorityTier=1 … OverSubscribe=NO … Nodes=node[001-040]
PartitionName=debug Default=NO MinNodes=1 MaxTime=00:30:00 … PriorityJobFactor=2 PriorityTier=1 … OverSubscribe=NO … Nodes=node[001-040]
PartitionName=interactive Default=NO MinNodes=1 MaxNodes=4 MaxTime=02:00:00 … PriorityJobFactor=3 PriorityTier=1 … OverSubscribe=NO … Nodes=node[001-040]

Not sure how to answer if they “essentially act as a single partition”, though. Resources allocated to a job in a given partition are unavailable to other jobs, regardless of what partition they’re in.

--
Mike Renfro  / HPC Systems Administrator, Information Technology Services
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Tech University