[slurm-users] Two lines are printed by sacct

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Apr 11 23:03:25 MDT 2018

On 12/04/18 14:56, Mahmood Naderan wrote:

> May I ask what is the purpose to view intermediate job steps?

Because for MPI jobs that's where all the information is. The first
step is just the batch script.

> Also, today when I run sacct command, I only see the last two jobs

[...]
> Is that normal?

Yes, by default sacct only shows you the jobs that finished today.
Otherwise you'd overwhelm slurmdbd with all the jobs since the start
of time which on big systems will be in the millions.

All the best,
Chris