[slurm-users] [slurm-dev] Re: Installing SLURM locally on Ubuntu 16.04

Benjamin Redling benjamin.rampe at uni-jena.de
Mon Nov 13 08:15:30 MST 2017

On 11/12/17 4:52 PM, Gennaro Oliva wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 10:03:18AM -0500, Will L wrote:

>> I just tried `sudo apt-get remove --purge munge`, etc., and munge itself

> this should have uninstalled slurm-wlm also, did you reinstalled it with apt?

>> seems to be working fine. But I still get `slurmctld: error: Couldn't find
>> the specified plugin name for crypto/munge looking at all files`. Is there

> if you didn't reinstall slurm with apt you may be using the slurmctld
> executable from a failed source installation, and for some reason this
> can't find the corresponding plugin directory.

> I suggest to try to install the slurm-wlm package with:

> apt-get install slurm-wlm
I would *currently* avoid the Debian (Stretch) packages like the plague:
the last update tried to (re)start slurmctld which -- surprise, surprise
-- fails on every node that's not the master with an exit code that
leaves the packages unconfigured.

That raises the question if anyone did bother to test them on a
multi-node cluster

I'm still hoping I messed that up and not the maintainer. Maybe I expect
to much from an "apt upgrade" nowadays...

Regards,
Benjamin
--
FSU Jena | JULIELab.de/Staff/Benjamin+Redling.html
☎ +49 3641 9 44323