[slurm-users] [slurm-dev] Re: Installing SLURM locally on Ubuntu 16.04

Gennaro Oliva oliva.g at na.icar.cnr.it
Sun Nov 12 08:52:10 MST 2017

Hi Will,

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 10:03:18AM -0500, Will L wrote:
> I just tried `sudo apt-get remove --purge munge`, etc., and munge itself

this should have uninstalled slurm-wlm also, did you reinstalled it with apt?

> seems to be working fine. But I still get `slurmctld: error: Couldn't find
> the specified plugin name for crypto/munge looking at all files`. Is there

if you didn't reinstall slurm with apt you may be using the slurmctld
executable from a failed source installation, and for some reason this
can't find the corresponding plugin directory.

I suggest to try to install the slurm-wlm package with:

apt-get install slurm-wlm

and copy the slurm.conf you posted previously under /etc/slurm-llnl
but remember to set the SlurmUser to slurm

> a way to get around munge altogether? I am just testing on my local
> machine, so I do not actually need any more special authentication.

It's not a problem to setup munge authentication with a single machine,
its a problem if you don't have all packages installed and
slurm-wlm-basic-plugins must be installed.
Regards
--
Gennaro Oliva