[slurm-users] Slurm fair share priority not being applied

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri Dec 1 05:18:20 MST 2017

On Friday, 1 December 2017 8:48:40 PM AEDT Bruno Santos wrote:

> So I am guessing the user information is indeed not being linked to the
> slurmdbd. What do I need to do to set up this?

Have a look at the "Database configuration" part of the accounting docs:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/accounting.html

That describes adding clusters, adding the accounts (projects/groups) to which
the users will belong, and then adding users to that they belong to the
projects.

You'll also (as that page says) need to look at the resource limits page:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/resource_limits.html

Especially the part about the AccountingStorageEnforce options, you may want
to start off with:

AccountingStorageEnforce=safe,qos

My guess is that you don't have that set at the moment, which means anyone can
run jobs without existing in the database.  The "safe" option also enables the
"association" option which won't let people who don't exist there run jobs.

Hope that helps!
Chris