[slurm-users] Question about gdb sbatch

Davide DelVento davide.quantum at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 21:33:43 UTC 2023

Have you compiled slurm yourself or have you installed binaries? If the
latter, I speculate this is not possible, in that it would not have been
compiled with the required symbols (above all "-g" but probably others
depending on your platform).

If you compiled slurm yourself, and assuming you have included all the
necessary symbols (or will re-compile appropriately and replace the
binaries and libraries), then it'd be like debugging any other thing: just
make sure to point gdb at the location of the source code, and then follow
any of the gazillion tutorials around about gdb. If you are not familiar
with gdb already, I strongly recommend that you start with some simpler
program before attempting something as big as slurm.

Have a great weekend