[slurm-users] Prevent CLOUD node from being shutdown after startup

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Fri May 12 13:55:23 UTC 2023

Xaver,

Your descriptions of cases is a bit difficult to understand. It seems
you want to have exceptions for power_up. That could be done by
filtering the list of nodes yourself with any script/method you like and
then do power_up on the remaining list.

For excluding nodes from being suspended, there is an option in slurm.conf:

    SuspendExcNodes
    Specifies the nodes which are to not be placed in power save mode,
    even if the node remains idle for an extended period of time. Use
    Slurm's hostlist expression to identify nodes with an optional ":"
    separator and count of nodes to exclude from the preceding range.
    For example "nid[10-20]:4" will prevent 4 usable nodes (i.e IDLE and
    not DOWN, DRAINING or already powered down) in the set "nid[10-20]"
    from being powered down. Multiple sets of nodes can be specified
    with or without counts in a comma separated list (e.g
    "nid[10-20]:4,nid[80-90]:2"). By default no nodes are excluded. This
    value may be updated with scontrol. See
    ReconfigFlags=KeepPowerSaveSettings for setting persistence.

Brian Andrus