[slurm-users] Limit run time of interactive jobs

Angel de Vicente angel.de.vicente at iac.es
Mon May 8 07:40:59 UTC 2023

Hi,

Bjørn-Helge Mevik <b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no> writes:

> Wouldn't it be simpler to just refuse too long interactive jobs in
> job_submit.lua?

Yes, I guess. I proposed the idea of having different partitions because
then the constraints are at the level of the partition, which is
probably easier to handle than modifying the job_submit.lua script?, but
probably can get the same result both ways.

Anyway, the goal was to point to the job_submit.lua stuff, because
without it, even if creating separate partitions for batch and
interactive jobs, it is not possible (or at least I wouldn't know how)
to force a certain policy only for interactive jobs.

Cheers,
--
Ángel de Vicente
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)

 GPG: 0x8BDC390B69033F52