[slurm-users] Keep CPU Jobs Off GPU Nodes

Frank Pari parif at bc.edu
Tue Mar 28 20:06:43 UTC 2023

Hi all,

First, thank you all for participating in this list.  I've learned so much
by just following in other's threads.  =)

I'm looking at creating a scavenger partition with idle resources from CPU
and GPU nodes and I'd like to keep this to one partition.  But, I don't
want CPU only jobs using up resources on the GPU nodes.

I've seen suggestions for job/lua scripts.  But, I'm wondering if there's
any other way to ensure a job has requested at least 1 gpu for the
scheduler to assign that job to a GPU node.

Thanks in advance!

-Frank